• Equine Veterinary Surgeon
• Vet Hospital Administration
• Radiology and Ultrasonography
• Veterinary Anaesthesia & Surgery
• Soft tissue & Orthopaedic Surgery
• Emergency & Critical Care
• Training & Development
• Human Resources Management
• Financial Management
• Policy Development
• Disaster Management
• PhD (Veterinary Surgery & Radiology), DUVASU, Mathura (2012-2018) First Division
• MVSc (Veterinary Surgery), Gold Medallist, OUAT Bhubaneshwar (1997-1999)
• BVSc & AH CCSHAU, Hisar (1978-1982) First Division
• Executive Business Management MDI, Gurugram (2019)
• PG Diploma in Computer Application, IGNOU (2010)
• PG Diploma in Financial Management, IGNOU (2013)
• Diploma in Management, IGNOU (2001)
• Indian Society of Veterinary Surgery
• Equestrian Federation of India
Work Experience (served Indian Army Nov 1989 to Jan 2020)
Veterinary Hospital Administration and Management
• while serving in vet hospitals, put in place the best practices, procedures and the protocols for the efficient running of the Hospital. Introduced several new veterinary types of equipment and latest veterinary diagnostics thus reduced the overall admission period of animals and thereby reduced the overall sickness and causality rate of the farm equine and K9 canines.
• Ownership and delivery of the veterinary services with a firm commitment to ensuring sustainable and empathetic operations even at remote locations.
• while pursuing higher studies and research in veterinary surgery and radiology during post-graduation and doctorate in the field of surgery, anaesthesiology, cryotherapy, radiography and ultrasonography contributed for their innovative use. In addition to equine treatment companion, the animal practice has been the hallmark in all the cantonments where I served.
• Managed the charitable veterinary clinic to treat & advise all types of clinical cases including those requiring surgical interventions and critical intensive care, belonging to the pets of defence the community during a tenure at Southern Command, Pune.
• Trained more than 150 officers in surgical interventions, anaesthesia and critical care protocols in canines and equines.
As Head of the Veterinary Hospital in a Remount Training Stud & Depot (3 years)
• Was responsible for procurement of veterinary medicines, veterinary diagnostic equipment and preventive care with a yearly budget of more than 3.5crs in one of the biggest equine & canine breeding and training farms of India.
• Introduced equine Dentistry concept, imported new equipment in equine dentistry areas.
As Head of the Veterinary Hospitals in the field areas of J & K, Uttrakhand and Assam (8 yrs)
• Was responsible for Veterinary Hospital and veterinary aid posts in insurgency affected areas of J&K, Uttrakhand and Assam. Extended philanthropic help and veterinary support to economically weaker sections of society under central govt programme ‘Op-Sadhbhavana’ helped poor migratory livestock communities.
As Head of the NCC Units affiliated to Veterinary Colleges of Bhubaneshwar, Ludhiana, Mathura and Drug (about 10 years+)
• Trained and inspired the cadets in developing leadership traits and ensured the selection of more than a dozen cadets as a commissioned officer in Defense forces, trained young veterinary students in animal management and treatment. Motivated and inspired young vets with a commitment to excellence.
• At the Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complexes (TVCCs) of the four veterinary colleges where I was stationed, attending to and following up of all the referred critical clinical cases, specialised surgeries have been routinely witnessed by me.
• Led five hundred kilometres horse-mounted safari with boy & girl cadets in Orissa spreading several relevant social awareness massages on the 50th year of independence.
As Advisor Capacity Building & Training, National Disaster Management Authority (3 yrs)
• As a key member of the PMO headed disaster management team handled the disaster management related interstate projects & implemented the up-gradation of tertiary care Human Hospitals devastated due to unprecedented floods in Kashmir Valley in Sep 2014.
• Channelized the help materials to the disaster-affected population in an international scenario to Nepal after the earth quack in May 2015.
• Represented India in Indo Russia China disaster cooperation held at Hyderabad, Represented India in the UNICEF programme on SAARC countries at Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Awarded Dr SJ Angelo Memorial Prize by Indian Veterinary Association in the year 2001 for coauthoring the best clinical article in Surgery published in The Indian Veterinary Journal in the year 2000(Vol 77).
• Nominated for Jeevan Suraksha Padak for saving the life of a Jawan suffering from High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema during a long-range foot patrol in lampia-dhura and mangsadhura passes along the Indo-Tibet border in High Altitude area of Dharchula (Uttara Khand).